Who are we looking for?
Carolina Veterinary Specialists is seeking skilled and experienced technicians and assistants to join the ER team at our newest location in Rock Hill, SC. Our ER positions cover 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts and require some weekends, shared holiday and some on-call coverage. ** PLEASE NOTE: All applicants must have at least 1 yearof experience as a veterinary assistant/technician or be a recent graduate of an AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program to be considered for this position.We are offering a $500 hiring bonus to veterinary assistants with 2 years of clinical experience and $1200 to credentialed veterinary technicians.
What does this job look like?
As a member of the Emergency team, you will be responsible for all aspects of Emergency care including triage, rescue efforts, providing Intensive Care to hospitalized patients, administering and monitoring anesthesia, admitting and discharging patients from the hospital, and client communication and education. This position offers the opportunity to provide specialty emergency care at the highest level.
What you can expect working at Carolina Veterinary Specialists:
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits including: multiple medical/dental/vision plan options, short- and long-term disability, life and supplemental insurances, legal plans, 401k with match, uniform & continuing education allowance, pet care discount, EAP, PennFoster tuition assistance, and more!
- Our hospital is a collaborative environment where teams work together and feel like family.
- No glass ceilings! We want to build our staff up, helping them achieve new heights in their career through growth areas such as advanced skills wet labs, in-house topic rounds, and leadership development.
What does this job require? The successful candidate will have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills as well as a keen attention to detail. The ER technician will be able to work well as part of a team and will demonstrate a shared sense of responsibility among the different services within the hospital. They will also possess the following qualifications:
- At least 1 year of experience as a veterinary assistant/technician or be a recent graduate of an AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program
- Strong technical skills including venipuncture, catheter placement, general laboratory, anesthesia and pharmacology skills
- Knowledge of normal patient (cat/dog) parameters
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Working knowledge of the indications, adverse effects and dosing considerations for commonly-used veterinary medications
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Schedule flexibility including nights, weekends, and some holidays