The HIS Clerk I will perform clerical functions to assist in efficient the operations of the Health Information Services Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform Electronic document management. Collect, scan and index paper documents according to protocol.
• Handle Release of Information (ROI) requests, including assisting patients in the HIS Department and. coordinating with clinical staff at satellite clinics
in release of information.
• Request information from outside providers and reroute reports received to appropriate NEMS providers.
• Handle the exchange of information between NEMS sites and outside providers.
• Copy and fax medical information; distribute it appropriately.
• Assist HIS Clerk II:
• Request medical charts from off-site storage and other sites; look up medical record numbers.
• Prepare and send reminder/result letters to patients.
• File documents in EHRs.
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent
• 1-plus year’s experience in Health Information Management highly preferred
• Must be able to work rotating Saturdays
• Basic knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security laws and medical terminology preferred
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications
• Must be detail oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team setting
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
• Must be able to speak Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
This is an FLSA Non-exempt position.
This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).