The Histology Coordinator will provide oversight of the Anatomic Pathology operation. This position also maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures. This knowledge includes the use of specialized instrumentation, Quality Control requirements, and preventative maintenance. The incumbent directs and controls the day-to-day Histology operations including technical oversight, and workflow which can include proficiency testing, quality control, and quality assurance. Additionally, this position participates in the continuous quality improvement process through professional development, continuing education, and research and development.
The Histology coordinator assumes responsibility of special projects, and ensures protocols required for accreditation. The Histology coordinator will assist in the development of programs and procedures to assure the department is aligned with community standards. In addition, the Histology coordinator will perform work assignments as scheduled in accordance with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center Laboratory Services department standards and procedures.
- 3 to 5 years of Histology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of current information system preferred.
- Strong communication and computer skills required.
- AA/BA degree or equivalent preferred.
- ASCP certified or equivalent (5 years on the job training in an acute care hospital) required.