Perform routine histopathological tests in a clinical laboratory for use in the treatment and diagnosis of disease.
- Perform routine and special paraffin sections of surgical and autopsy tissue for microscopic examination in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Prepare equipment and reagents for processing, embedding, microtome cutting and mounting of tissue; perform routine and special staining techniques.
- Label, file, discard and maintain records of tissue samples and containers, tissue processing cassettes, final paraffin blocks and slides.
- Label and record slides of specimens received; provide specimens for microscopic examination and diagnosis by the pathologist.
- Obtain and log specimens from the operating rooms and other areas as required.
- Perform frozen cytostat sectioning.
- Set up equipment, instruments, reagents and apparatus for specific laboratory techniques.
- Perform various Quality Control procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Utilize various hospital information systems and software.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- BS/BA Degree
- Registered or registry eligible as HT/HTL ASCP
- Demonstrated competency in histological laboratory skills.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks on routine and special material.