Performs various tasks required for receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the Pathologist.
- Prepares microscopic tissue slides for diagnostic/research purposes
- Performs tissue stains to assist in diagnosis
- Handles specimen accessioning
- Maintains laboratory and equipment
- Reviews quality control, performs operational duties, maintenance and troubleshooting of histology instruments and equipment
Required: Bachelor s or Associate's degree
Required: 2 years experience as Histotechnician
Required: Histotechnician certification through ASCP (or equivalent) and state licensure where required.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.