We Are Hiring
Histology / Pathology Technician - Lab Histology Anc 001 - PRN, Day - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport, CT
Work Schedule: PRN - Monday-Friday 6a-230p
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Histology Technician - Pathology Technician with St. Vincent's Health Services, you will have the opportunity to collect and prepare tissue specimens for routine and special procedures to confirm a patient diagnosis.
- Follows established procedures for collecting and processing biological specimens for analysis.
- Inputs patient demographics into computer system. Reports results and maintains documentation.
- Operates and maintains equipment used for embedding and sectioning specimens.
- Follows safety requirements and appropriately handles and disposes of chemicals.
- Maintain continuing education standards and competencies per department policy.
- Actively involved in quality assurance program within the department.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
Education and Work Experience:
- 1 year previous experience as a Histotechnologist
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)