Buffalo Medical Group offers full medical benefits along with generous paid time off, bonus opportunities, 401K (with employer match) and a profit sharing pension, in addition to free parking and minimal travel, with offices located between Williamsville, Orchard Park and Buffalo. As an industry leader in customer service and cutting edge EMR technology, BMG was recognized as 2017 Healthcare Company of the Year and believes in Treating People Well!
Responsible for preserving and preparing tissue specimens so that they are correctly identified for microscopic examination and diagnosis by the Pathologist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of specimen.
- Grossing, cutting and embedding of specimen.
- Preparation of slides.
- Staining of slides: regular and special.
- Maintain Quality Control and Quality Assurance records.
- Maintain all logs as required by various Laboratory Inspection.
- Oversee that specimen and patient logs are properly kept.
- Troubleshooting for laboratory by inspecting instruments or reagents. Bring to the attention of Laboratory Manager or Pathologist if necessary.
- Complies with BMG Corporate Compliance Policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Will participate in worksite safety training programs.
- Will comply with all Group policies and procedures including mandatory
- Other tasks as assigned/required by Dermatopathology Physician or the Laboratory Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of an accredited Histotech program or an AAS degree with 12 semester hours in biology and a NYS license or a high school diploma with 2 years of full time experience in histopath under the supervision of a pathologist. NYS License. ASCP Certification a plus.