High School Teaching/History
Apache Junction High School
Apache Junction Unified School District
Job Title: History Teacher
Department: Apache Junction High School
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt - Term Employee
Prepared By: Human Resources
Position Status: Full Time Position (196 Days)
*Salary: Based on experience and education. ($37,000 - $50,350)
Instructs students in activities designed to promote learning concepts, acquire skills and develop positive attitudes that will contribute to their development as capable, mature, and responsible citizens by performing the following duties.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university (minimum)
* An appropriate and current Arizona Teaching Certificate
* Applicable AEPA test(s)
* Valid Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance card
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Plans program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
* Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
* Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
* Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
* Assesses the mastery of student learning on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
* Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
* Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
* Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student's life and conduct for the classroom; develops reasonable
rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
* Participates in extracurricular assignments as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret educational periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of parents, teachers, children, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Apache Junction Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including sexual preference/identity) or disability in its employment practices.