We Are Hiring
Histotechnician - Lab Pathology Anc 006 - Full-Time, Evening - Ascension Providence Hospital - Southfield, MI - 1 PM to 9:30 PM, Monday thru Friday; may work holidays and/or weekends.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to collect and prepare tissue specimens for routine and special procedures to confirm a patient diagnosis.
- Follow established procedures for collecting and processing biological specimens for analysis.
- Input patient demographics into computer system. Reports results and maintains documentation.
- Operate and maintain equipment used for embedding and sectioning specimens.
- Follow safety requirements and appropriately handles and disposes of chemicals.
- Prepare standards, reagents, and other materials (including patient specimens) for testing.
- Following established procedures, prepares tissues for examination by a pathologist.
- Perform additional procedures such as technical processing of specimens for electron microscopic evaluation, immunohistochemistry staining or gross description of tissue specimens.
- Recognize specimen, testing, instrumentation, results or other laboratory related problems. Takes necessary action or refers to appropriate supervision.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- No experience required with the proper education/certification outlined in the education section above. One year of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.