This position supports the application team by completing application maintenance tasks and triage and escalation of reported incidents and requests. Under supervision, the Epic Support Analyst is responsible for optimization of current functionality and will assist with project implementation, system upgrades and the daily management of operational functions of the team, as resources dictate.
This position requires that the candidate have strong problem solving abilities, communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as with the team. The candidate will operate as a bridge between the users, patients, and the rest of the support team. Periodic travel between Manhattan and New Paltz will be required.
- Create, respond to, and monitor service requests, diagnose, troubleshoot and coordinate resolution of technical problems and information technology issues related to Epic.
- Effectively communicate with clients and summarize issues that relate to user issues in a manner that other support groups can understand; gathers information required for troubleshooting.
- Participates in meetings with vendors to troubleshoot Electronic Health Record issues as designated.
- Creates, reviews, and executes test plans commensurate with the degree of application configuration and analyzes the results. Seeks oversight and approval as necessary, prior to release of changes in to Production environment.
- Evaluates new releases of the Electronic Health Record System and recommends which new features to implement, as requested.
- Tests new releases of the system, this includes pre and post upgrade testing and informing about system changes, as requested.
- Provide on-call and weekend support on a rotational basis and during go-live implementations.
- Obtains Epic proficiency or certification in assigned applications within defined timeframe.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills and have the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- High School Diploma / GED Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Systems or Business Administration, Health Administration Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action:
The Institute for Family Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and may not list all the duties and functions required, however, it does highlight the essential requirements. Nothing outlined in this job summary is to be construed as an express or implied contract of employment.
Please visit www.Institute.org for more information.