- Position Type:
HK Cubs Child Care Center /Pre-School Teacher
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
Description: HK Cubs Child Care Center
Job Summary: Preschool Teacher
Experience & Training
1. A teacher must be 18 years or older
2. Must possess a high school diploma, or equivalency certificate.
3. A CDA, Associates Degree or at least six (6) college credits in early childhood education, child psychology, sociology, family studies or elementary education (or closely related field).
4. Minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience for children 3-5 years of age
1. Required to obtain and maintain FIRST AID AND Infant/Child CPR certification
2. Must have a physical exam within the year of start date, which includes a negative tuberculin test. A statement of good health will be required every two (2) years from date of employment.
3. Required to continue teacher education/development as outlined in state licensing guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. A working knowledge of child care and early childhood development and State of Connecticut licensing policies
2. Must be able to relate in a positive and sensitive manner to children, their families and staff
3. Be able to work independently and model developmentally appropriate practice
4. Ability to gain the confidence of parents and children in maintaining the best interests of the children at all times
5. Must possess strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the delivery of a quality preschool program
7. Ability to discuss programming, goals and curriculum with parents
8. Possess the necessary qualities to care for and work with children and to develop cooperative working relationships with co-workers and families