Quality Carriers, Inc. (QCI), is one of the largest chemical bulk transportation companies in North America. We have the industry's most extensive and complete terminal network with the largest fleet of stainless steel tanks. We transport a broad range of chemical products and provide our customers with value added services. We’re a core carrier for many of the Fortune 500 companies engaged in chemical processing and we provide services to some of the top 100 chemical producers in the world with US operations.
At Quality, we set the pace for the rest of our industry. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our team members are motivated, intelligent, ambitious individuals who are passionate about what they do.
QCI is looking for an experienced HM Certified Shop Mechanic for our Tanker Fleet and Class 8 heavy-duty trucks and trailers located in North Charleston, SC.
Qualified candidates must be energetic, professional, and safety-minded at all times. Also, be able to work independently and have knowledge and experience with hydraulic and air brakes, air conditioning, gas, and diesel engines, drive trains and electrical systems.
We are offering a $2,500 sign on bonus to qualified candidates.
- Conducting Federal FHWA Preventive maintenance inspections of trailer and tractor units, extensive repairs in all phases of tractor & trailer maintenance including body, frame, suspension, electrical, valve and air systems.
- Perform HazMat Inspections on tank trailers.
- Conduct preventive maintenance service and general vehicle repairs.
- Repairs may include welding.
- Operate a yard hostler truck to move trailers within the facility yard and the shop as needed.
- High School diploma required
- ASE certification not required but recommended Computer experience a plus
- The employee is required to provide their own hand tools
- HM183 Certified
We offer competitive wages and employee benefits (Flexible spending accounts, generous Paid Time Off/Holiday Schedule, in addition to Medical, Dental, and Vision plans).
Quality Carriers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- 2 year(s): Hazmat Compliance - Tank Trailers
- 2 year(s): Preventive Maintenance on Trailers / Tractors
- High School or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- ASE Diesel Certification
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity