Job ID: 174601
Idaho Materials & Construction, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position that conducts general labor and maintenance activities as needed to maintain the safe and efficient operation of the Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) plant. Additionally this position needs to safely and efficiently operate various types of construction equipment including but not limited to Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Water Trucks, Etc.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Safely perform minor servicing and maintenance on HMA plant equipment and all support equipment or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Willing and able to travel as business and production needs warrant.
- Safely and efficiently conduct general maintenance tasks including but not limited to welding, torching, lubricating machinery, etc.
- Keep accurate time and material records.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
- May perform labor intensive activities involved with maintaining the batch plant and the area around the HMA plant or as needed by the HMA plant supervisor.
- Show up to worksite on time and fit for duty.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- General knowledge/experience welding and utilizing an Oxy/Acetylene torch is essential.
- Previous heavy equipment operation experience or training is highly preferred.
- Previous experience working with hot asphalt mix production is highly preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License is preferred
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Idaho Materials & Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.