HOURS MAY VARY! Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Prosperity Bank is seeking to fill the position of Full -Time HMDA/Fair LendingQuality Control Specialistin Victoria.
The HMDA/Fair LendingQuality Control Specialist responsible for the verification of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and fair lending data including review of source documents. Assist in the annual submission of HMDA data as well as various projects related to fair lending data.
Essential Functions and basic duties:
- Perform secondary quality control review of HMDA reportable files within HMDA software.
- Perform review of fair lending attributes of approved/denied files including exceptions to underwriting guidelines and mitigating factors.
- Identify, correct and track HMDA errors as well as report any potential concerns about non-compliance with HMDA regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with associates for completion of required loan file documentation.
- Assist the Compliance Lending Manager in prompt response to compliance HMDA related inquires.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the requirements of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) to assist in preparation and maintenance of the loan application register (LAR).
- Assist Compliance Lending Manager in preparation of periodic reporting, annual HMDA submission, regulatory examinations or ad-hoc assignments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prosperity Bank is committed to providing our customers a personalized service experience, we're looking for people who are passionate about satisfying customers, will not settle for the average, embrace creativity and operate with a sense of purpose. If this is you, then we are looking forward to meeting you and are excited that you are interested in joining Prosperity Bank - where we are Simply Better!
Come join our team and explore the endless possibilities that a career in banking can provide!
A pre-employment credit check will be performed on all qualified applicants.
Prosperity Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and Member of the FDIC.
- Detail oriented
- Results oriented
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic Excel spreadsheet knowledge
- Well organized
- Prior consumer compliance or loan documentation experience, preferably in a financial institution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with solid organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to assess quality, quantify accuracy and articulate results.
- Strong knowledge of HMDA requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 5-10 years related experience.
- Sound knowledge of the consumer mortgage lending process and workflow.
- PC skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and database applications.
- CRA Wiz software experience a plus.