This position will have the following key responsibilities:
• Maintain and troubleshoot electrical equipment and power distribution at 4 different hoist locations.
• Interpret electrical printouts, installation instructions, and work orders.
• Determines the appropriate procedure to locate and correct electrical problems, and determine electrical component replacements.
• Troubleshoot electrical problems in power circuits ranging from 12 - 12,470 volts, control circuits of various voltages, and mining and ore handling equipment. Repair transformers and circuit breakers.
• Perform high and low voltage splices, terminations and stress cones. • Install and maintain high, medium, and low voltage power controls on hoisting equipment.
• Understand positive control of electrical circuits and adhere to LOTOV.
• Perform work area inspection.
Job requirements include:
• Ability to read and draw diagrams.
• Knowledge of complicated AC and DC control circuits as well as terminology of tools, prints and equipment.
• Successful passing of physical and drug screen. Valid driver’s license
• At least 2 years of electrical experience.
•Experience with ABB hoisting system and controls is a plus.
•Must be able to work in confined spaces
•Must be able to work with heights
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.