PeaceHealth is seeking a Home Care Clinical Supervisor for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 162807
This position is responsible, under the direction of the Manager Patient Services, for providing direct supervision and clinical oversight of the clinical multidisciplinary team which may include management of direct patient care staff and overall coordination of the team’s clinical services as evidenced through outcomes.
1. Oversee and coordinate day-to-day operations of the assigned clinical services team, including provision of accurate clinical documentation specific to the care plan. Ensures quality patient care/outcomes along with complies with industry and agency standards.
2. Manage, supervise, coach and train direct patient care staff while providing leadership and serving as a resource in the overall delivery of home health/hospice services. This includes participating in hiring, firing, and staff performance/competency evaluations.
3. Coordinate team’s activities to ensure efficiency in the delivery of patient care services and systems/operations, cost-effectiveness, staff productivity and timely/accurate communications throughout the continuum of care.
4. Ensure that services are provided in compliance with regulatory requirements and department policies and procedures.
5. Coordinate clinical/patient care services cost-effectively within established budget parameters and in a manner that ensure appropriate reimbursement for services rendered. This includes productivity and OBQI benchmarking outcomes within industry standards. Participate in budget planning and monitoring.
6. Perform program evaluations and prepare written reports as necessary, utilizing data collection and analysis concepts.
7. Facilitate interdisciplinary team and case conference/meetings and regular one-to-one case lead reviews with case managers and other members of the clinical staff.
8. Manage/coordinate services for an adult and pediatric population. This includes but is not limited to high-tech, palliative care and IV skills.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of five years nursing experience, with one to two years in an acute care setting and a minimum of two years Home Health experience with the past five years. Knowledge of PPS care delivery principles for maximizing patient outcomes. Knowledge of regulatory guidelines specific to Joint Commission and state agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications
- Work requires active physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or more.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 66% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Ketchikan community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Ketchikan, The Plaza (305)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $43.88, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Drivers License; Registered Nurse - Alaska
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Ketchikan || Nursing || Clinic, Home Health, Hospice, Long-Term Care Nursing || Full Time || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS