Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
· Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
· Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
· Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
· Employee Referral Program
· Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Work with Case Management in the acute care or community setting to help identify patients with post-acute care needs for Home Health Care.
- Participate in assessing patients for high risk of early readmission to the hospital.
- Responding to requests for care from referring sources within the community in a timely matter.
- Identifying clinical needs of patients so that a smooth transition of care can be planned facilitating good coordinated clinical care across the continuum.
- Provide the patient/family with an informed choice of post-acute home health providers and securing their selection from the choice letter. (Presents a list of all available post-acute home care services to patient/legal representative per federal, state, and facility guidelines and regulations).
- Obtaining information to verify insurance coverage and inform the patients.
- Identifying primary and/or secondary payer of services.
- Participating in establishing the plan of treatment through direct. communication with the patient’s physician by obtaining specific orders of care. May require an in person visit to the physician’s office.
- Explain the function of the home health team members who will implement the plan of treatment to the patient.
- Coordinating the start of care activities with the Home Health Intake nurse or other agency designees.
- Provides resource to interpret Medicare home health eligibility and guidelines.
- Communicate pertinent information and instructions for specific physicians order to health team members, including completion of the interdisciplinary referral.
- Facilitate the recording of the face to face encounter.
- Provide information to physicians and the community on the benefits and alternatives home health services can provide.
- Participate in and attend appropriate staff and committee meetings.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred
- Computer Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing Preferred
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-related Experience Preferred