The Home Equity Operations Manager will assist the Director of Mortgage Operations by managing the fulfillment activities associated with home equity transactions and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage activities of stand-alone business channel made up of processors, underwriters, and closers involved in fulfillment of home equity transactions.
* Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach by assigning accountabilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities and monitor/evaluate results. Utilize information to determine training needs.
* Determine staffing needs, makes hiring decisions, perform performance evaluations, and administer disciplinary actions as needed.
* Aid Director of Mortgage Operations in fulfillment operations oversight, development and implementation of loan production initiatives
* Create and implement role specific tactics to support business line's strategic objectives.
* Establish performance metrics and minimum production requirements for each role.
* Identify efficiency opportunities to reduce current state home equity cycle time.
* Create a best-in-class, customer-centric process flow for home equity transactions.
* Maximize production while ensuring adherence to regulatory and compliance guidelines.
* Assist in roll out and future maintenance of "paperless" loan production system.
* Develop and implement reporting necessary to monitor performance and potential gaps.
* Foster a positive, proactive, accountable, and customer friendly working environment.
* Serve as liaison between operations and internal/external partners.
* Pipeline management expectations include but are not limited to:
* Trend analysis
* Adherence to key dates in loan lifecycle
* Monthly funding projections
* Pipeline roll
* Extensive experience working in a "paperless" loan production system.
* Proficient in understanding of compliance and regulatory guidelines associated with loan production.
* Full knowledge and experience of mortgage products and programs.
* Proven track record of strong customer service.
* Ability to create and implement tactics necessary to achieve department's strategic objectives.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities. Must be highly flexible to deal with constant shifting priorities and deadlines.
* Ability to prioritize responsibilities and delegate assignments.
* High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years' mortgage operations experience managing loan production teams consisting of underwriters, processors, closers and support personnel.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled