Avita Home Health & Hospice is a non-profit 501c3 organization dedicated to providing home care and hospice services in the comfort of your own home, assisted living or nursing home. We are committed to servicing Richland, Crawford, Morrow and surrounding counties. We are your only locally owned, operated and governed home health and hospice agency. We are honored to provide services to our neighbors in our communities.
- Provide personal hygiene assistance for elderly patients or those recovering from surgeries, injuries or accidents by attending to their basic needs, such as showering, bathing, dressing and eating
- Remind clients to take prescribed medication and assist clients with ambulation
- Help with mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks etc.)
- Assist with personal care and hygiene, plan and prepare meals and help with physical therapy exercises
- Complete client’s shopping or accompany them to successfully do so
- Perform housekeeping duties and report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Offer activities that are essential for daily living by assisting patients with their meals, including serving and other tasks, if necessary
- Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, eager to improve and continuously learn new skills
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation every single day
- Validated ability to act in a compassionate and supportive manner
- Available to work different shifts, including nights and/or weekends
- Prior experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or in-home care environment (minimum of 1 year)
- Willingness to enforce health and safety standards
- Supportive and compassionate
- High School Diploma or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver
- Take pride in providing high quality care
- Hoyer Lift Experience (specific to client)
Eligible applicants will be called to schedule a pre-screening interview. The pre-screening interview requires the applicant to take a written test. Applicants that do not pass this test will not be considered for a Home Health Aide position with our agency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.