Performs designated tasks under the immediate supervision of a nurse. The Home Health aide (HHA) functions as a member of the Home Care team and demonstrates accuracy, reliability and safety in caring for clients.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Six months experience as a HHA or CNA working with cognitively impaired adults in their home or a facility.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry upon hire required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification (or must acquire within 30 days of hire).
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the elderly population.
- Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, procedures and memos.
- Basic knowledge of memory loss.
- Willingness to acquire additional training for medication management and Assisted Living Home Care.
- Ability to recognize the need for assistance.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Professional and courteous customer service skills.
- Minnesota Class D driver’s license and eligible to be insured under the corporate auto insurance policy (for Benedict Homes Only).
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.