"Home Health Nurse Relief" AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
· Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
· Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
· Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
· Employee Referral Program
· Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Coordinates the activities of health team members to provide comprehensive care and continuity of services.
- Respects each discipline’s expertise.
- Evaluates patient’s need for other disciplines and makes appropriate Agency referrals.
- Respects authority by following the appropriate channels of communication in resolving problems and presenting information.
- Involves patient/family in the planning and implementation of care; prepares patient and/or family for changes in frequencies, transfer and/or discharge.
- Reports changes in the patient’s status to the team, such as hospitalization, discharges, and physician appointments.
- Completes and maintains clinical records in a timely manner and in accordance with the agency’s policy.
- Notifies patient’s physician of pertinent changes and discharge plans.
- Attends orientation, in-services, and team and staff meetings, as scheduled.
- Obtains physician’s written prescription and approval for all treatment changes.
- Participates in home care Performance Improvement Plan.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients and other associates.
- Utilizes modalities/procedures with knowledge of the contraindications related to age and diagnosis.
- Provides care according to established RN practices and standards of care.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with department practice, policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the OASIS Assessment, effectively communicating the results with the entire team, including the physician.
- Communicates in a timely manner with the physician and other referral sources.
- Reviews and revises plan of treatment, as indicated.
- Responsibly cares for tools/equipment issued by agency.