HOME HEALTH RN CASE MANAGER – FULL TIME
North Fort Worth/Richland Hills/North Richland Hills/Haltom City
Tired of driving all over the metroplex? At Sunrise, our nurses are assigned patients in specific areas or residential communities. Additionally, this branch provides care to patients in Tarrant County only.
Sunrise Home Health is a family owned and operated health care provider that offers a wide range of health-related services to senior clients with varying needs. As a professional organization that is dedicated to exceptional patient care and ethical business practices, Sunrise has established itself as a leader in the home health community. We’ve been helping North Texans recover at home since 1988!
We are currently in need of an experienced home health RN for full-time visits.This RN will see patients in North Fort Worth, Richland Hills, North Richland Hills, and Haltom City.
In accordance with established policies and procedures, the RN Case Manager is responsible for coordination and delivery of skilled nursing care to an assigned group of patients. Most of the work is performed in the patients’ residences.
- Conducts the admission of the patient to the Agency
- Ensures Medicare clients meet homebound requirements
- Coordinates and provides skilled nursing care as outlined in the nursing care plan
- Conducts the discharge of the patient from the Agency
- Maintains compliance with Medicare standards for medical records by turning in all required documentation in a timely manner each week
- Adheres to all OSHA and CDC guidelines indicated for Universal Precautions in Home Health Care
- Performs supervision of clinical staff, nurses, and Home Health Aides providing care to his/her clients
- Participates in continuing education; attends weekly case conference
- Participates in taking weekend and holiday calls when needed
- Participates in planning, operation, and evaluation of the nursing services and provides recommendations
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- One (1) year home health experience. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
- Knowledge of home healthcare regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience with wound care, catheter care, ostomy care, and injections.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a registered nurse in clinical practice. Please do not apply if you are not an RN.
- Prefer candidates with one (1) year experience as a case manager.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to prioritize
- Highly organized; detail-oriented
- Professional in appearance and conduct
- Able to see/hear/speak sufficiently to participate in written/verbal communication
- Able to deal effectively with stress
- Able to use fine motor skills for patient assessment
- Able to stand, sit, bend, stoop, ambulate uneven surfaces, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to operate a motor vehicle and travel to patients’ residences
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and a valid state drivers’ license