This position will manage Home Loans production and member experience for the in-market Home Loan Advisor Team. Has direct responsibility for maintaining best practices with the credit unions origination process through the branch channel and the local market. Develops, initiates, and drives strategies for each of the markets that this team is located. Works closely with retail Management to collaborate and enhance the credit unions home loan market share. Provides leadership with emphasis on teamwork, communication, member experience, and home loan production. Responsible to meet and/or exceed production and service goal expectations.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
* Manage In-Market Home Loan Advisor's production, pipeline and service levels.
* Suggest innovative effective strategies to enhance Golden 1's Home Loans market position. Work closely with branch retail management to implement these strategies with a focus on providing exceptional member service.
* Work directly with each In-Market HLA to create production strategies for the local mortgage market. This includes partnering with realtors, joining organizations for business development and other strategies that will develop the credit unions home loan brand.
* Coach, develop, create a motivating team environment, and manage performance of a Mortgage Loan Originator team to achieve or exceed the origination team's goals. Analyze, determine, and communicate staffing needs.
* Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including BSA, AML, TILA, GBL, RESPA, Fair Lending, and others that are appropriate to the position.
* Monitor and comply with all established security, internal audit, State and Federal policies and regulations. Assist in developing, fostering effective initiation, and driving approved campaigns that are within the origination and marketing plan for the credit union.
* Identify, investigate, and resolve member home loan concerns.
* Gather production, pipeline and service statistics and effectively communicate status of department results to management.
* Originate Home Loans as needed.
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
* Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with credit union staff, management and all member channels with the ability to constructively follow-up on member inquiries and concerns.
* Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
* Effective technology and reporting skills are required to direct and manage origination activities.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
* INTERNAL: All levels of Staff/Management/Members/Third Parties
* EXTERNAL: Realtors/Vendors/Organizations/Select Employer Groups/Other Business Partners
* EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* EXPERIENCE: Five years or more of home loan origination experience. Two years or more managing a mortgage production team.
* Maintain and keep current knowledge of investor requirements, all home loan products, home loan fulfillment, credit union policies, and all federal and state laws and regulations.
* Leadership abilities including motivating and inspiring.
* Proven ability to meet and/or exceed individual/team service and origination goals.
* Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
* Corrected vision within the normal range.
* Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
* Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
* Unusually long or inconsistent hours may be required to accomplish tasks.
* Ability to travel throughout the state.
* MLO/NMLS Registration required: An individual in this position have been determined to be a Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the S.A.F.E. Act and whose responsibilities include taking applications and discusses terms and negotiates rates on loans secured by real property.
* A valid California driver's license and a clear driving record are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled