Job Title: Homebound Meal Coordinator part-time
Qualified applicants should follow the directions at the end of this description to apply.
Organization Objective: CROS Ministries serves the hungry in Palm Beach and Martin Counties through community collaborations. CROS is supported by churches, synagogues, community groups and private individuals throughout Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast, all of whom share in this common goal.
Expectation for All Employees: All employees will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: professionalism, excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect individuality of others, commitment to our community, accountability, and ownership of actions and decisions. All employees will demonstrate support of the organization through commitment to policy, safety and security, and compliance. All employees are expected to participate in organization events and support organization program operations.
Job Overview: This position is responsible for coordinating the Homebound Meal Program and assisting with the daily served meal. This is a part-time position, 25 hours per week, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Wage range $15-17 per hour.
- Responsible for coordinating the Homebound Meal Program (including meal planning, prepping, and delivery; managing routes and coordination of delivery volunteers; performing quarterly home visits and program recertification, recruitment, updates, and welfare check ups)
- Responsible for assistance with daily lunch prep and service of noon meal
- Responsible for recording program statistics and keeping updated program lists
- The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in related field OR High School Education plus five years directly related experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous experience working with volunteers a plus
- Must have a valid FL driver license, clean driving record, reliable transportation
- Must be organized and be able to prioritize work
- Must be able to solve problems, implement solutions, and work independently
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic office procedures
- Knowledge of basic mathematical principals
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift and move 20 lbs. repetitively
- Must be able to withstand extended periods of sitting, standing, and/or bending
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse groups
- Must be able to tolerate loud, fast-paced environment for extended periods of time
- Occasional after hours work is required throughout the year.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mail or e-mail a letter/e-mail of intent, resume, and a completed employment application. CROS' employment application form can be found on our web site at www.crosministries.org or call our office at 561-233-9009.
ATTN: Meredith Caldwell
3677 23rd Ave. S., #B-101
Lake Worth, FL 33461
E-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions should have both components, as listed above, to be considered complete. Submissions should be postmarked by Sept. 6, 2019, if mailed. E-mailed submissions should be received by Sept. 6, 2019. The position is open till filled.
It is the policy of CROS Ministries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, age or other unlawful discriminatory characteristics as defined in federal, state, or local laws. All candidates are considered on the basis of individual character, qualifications, and abilities in relation to the requirements of the advertised position.