Fallon Health Weinberg is a partnership between Fallon Health of Massachusetts and Weinberg Campus of Erie County, New York. Fallon Health Weinberg offers a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) and a Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) plan to serve the health needs of dual-eligible residents of the Western New York counties of Erie and Niagara. Fallon Health Weinberg expands the choices that residents of Erie and Niagara Counties have when it comes to high-quality, affordable health care.
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health provides health care services designed to meet the unique and changing needs of all they serve. It consistently ranks as one of the nation's highest-rated health plans, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).* Fallon Health coordinates care with its Senior Care Options/Special Needs Plan for dual-eligible people who are 65 and older. Fallon Health has operated a PACE program in Massachusetts for more than 20 years and is the largest PACE program in New England and sixth largest nationally.**
About Fallon Health Weinberg-PACE: Fallon Health Weinberg-PACE is a long-term care
program for older adults who qualify for a nursing-home level of care, but wish to stay living at
home and in their community. We are a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE),
providing complete medical care and support services that helps people to remain living safely at
home. All care is coordinated and provided by an interdisciplinary team specializing in geriatric
care, working with participants and their caregivers to create an individualized care plan.
We are searching for an RN who will be responsible for the effective management and
delivery of care management services to PACE participants living in the community.
- Reviews and implements physicians’ orders.
- Conducts nursing assessments including physical, psychosocial and behavioral status.
- Involves participants and significant other(s) based on needs and abilities.
- Delivers care to participants in any setting, including skilled services, based on individualized needs and according to age-appropriate nursing standards.
- Provides for cultural and diverse needs of participants when providing care.
- Monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions.
- Participates in the development and ongoing review of each participant’s care plan.
- Delegates participants’ care responsibilities to other members of the health care team, when appropriate.
- Identifies emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing orders/interventions.
- Meets the needs of participants in a timely manner.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team (IDT) process and collaborates with IDT members to meet the needs of participants.
- Consistently documents all aspects of participant care, including significant changes in health status, monthly nurses’ notes and health care teaching in the medical record.
- Participates in training and orientation of new nursing staff as assigned.
- Assists in the delivery of other nursing services as assigned.
- Participates in the nursing “on-call” rotation as assigned.
Performs all duties in accordance with Fallon Health Weinberg policies and procedures
Education: Graduate of accredited school of Nursing.
License: Current RN license in the State of New York.
Certification: CPR certification, or willingness to be certified within 60 days of hire.
Experience: At least 2 years of recent experience in the direct care of adults or chronically disabled persons with at least one year caring for the frail or elderly. Ambulatory or Homecare experience preferred.