Homechoice Health Services is hiring for an LPN Licensed Practical Nurse
Performs the functions of a Licensed Practical Nurse in providing patient care to patients in the hospital, for ages 18 through geriatrics. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Possesses good communication skills, both verbally and written. Is responsible for adhering to all LPN Nursing Practice Standards as they apply to patient care.
Homechoice Health Services, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Maintains accountability for nursing practice and delivery of quality patient care through collaboration with the Nurse Manager, therapists and other nursing staff
- Assists in the implementation of changes necessary for the departments involved to maintain and improve quality patient care.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager and staff nurses in the development and implementation of Performance Improvement measures.
- Performs hands-on nursing care by utilizing the nursing process to achieve quality outcomes for the patients.
- Educates patients and families upon admission and at least weekly through documentation on IDTR and through established goals during PTC/POC.
- Administers medication according to hospital policy and procedures within the designated time frames.
- Documents nursing interventions, changes in the patient's condition, physician visits, etc on the Nurses Daily flow sheet, according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Identifies changes to patients' condition, including tests and lab results, vital signs, physical findings, etc. and reports to Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse as indicated.
- Demonstrates an ability to perform duties in a manner consistent with the Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Demonstrates an ability to take direction as indicated from the Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse in regard to patient care issues.
- Performs patient treatments in accordance with physician orders in a timely manner.
- Assists with other duties as indicated.
- Demonstrates competency in the following skills: Ability to check the flow rate of a central line. Able to regulate central line flow rate. Able to change a central line site dressing. Able to change central line tubing. Able to flush central line. Able to hang replacement fluids for central line.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the organization through ongoing participation at hospital meetings
- Participates in hospital based Quality improvement and evidence-based practice activities.
- Precepts/mentors new staff to the hospital’s professional practice standards and guidelines as needed.
- Dietary Management Responsibilities: supervising and/or delegating the supervision of patient tray checks for accuracy of each diet ordered, portion sizes of all three meals each day for each patient; reports discrepancies in the patient's meal and/or meal service to the Registered Dietician and if necessary, ensures that the correct tray is re-ordered and delivered to the patient in a timely manner.
- Wound Care TS: Under the direct supervision of an RN, assists with the management of patients with ostomies and wounds (i.e. pressure ulcers, vascular ulcers, diabetic ulcers, burns, etc) by: assessment of the wound, recommendation of care to promote healing, evaluation of response to treatment, and recommendation of alternative treatment approaches when indicated.
- Wound Care TS: Under the direct supervision of an RN, provides direct patient care and treatment of ostomies and wounds as follows: pulse lavage, vacuum assisted closure, and debridements.
- Wound Care TS: Recommends patient care practices utilizing current national and regional standards.
- Wound Care TS: Monitors all wound care patients for appropriateness of care at least weekly.
- Wound Care TS: Coordinates the use of specialty bed surfaces for appropriateness of care.
- Wound Care TS: Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals in the planning of cost-effective, high quality care for patients with wounds.
- Wound Care TS: Collects clinical data on wound care patients and participates in performance improvement and quality assurance.
- Licensed Practical Nurse from an accredited school of nursing.
- IV certification.
- CPR Certification.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse license in the state of Tennessee.
- Knowledge of general nursing theory/practice.