The Hopper Filler has the accountability for verifying that bulk product is being used and supplied to the appropriate production line.
This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Hopper Filler consist of but are not limited to:
* Transport bulk product by operating pallet jack
* Position and load bulk product into hoppers and production equipment
* Perform visual quality check to ensure bulk product is not defective or damaged and that it is the appropriate product for the specified production line.
* Scan product tags to verify correct components and record product information.
* Prioritize tasks to ensure hopper does not run empty.
* Input data into the line menu computer program
* Report any issue to Line Lead or Area/Team Lead
* Maintain a clean and organized work area
* Monitor and empty dust collection containers
* Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
* Focus on detail of product
* Willingness to work overtime when asked.
* Maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers and others with whom the position may have contact.
* Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Area/Team Lead.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge
* Contributes to team effort by maintaining regular attendance, communicating regularly and professionally, accomplishing related results and performing all other necessary duties as directed by manager(s)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* One or more years experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Understand verbal and written instructions
* Basic Math skills, Addition & Subtraction
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
* Basic computer skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled