HopeHealth is seeking an experienced Hospice Aidefor its affiliate HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care. This position will be located in Providence, RI.
The duties of a Hospice Aide are planned and assigned by the professional nurse to meet the patient and family situation. The Hospice Aide provides personal care and light housekeeping duties in accordance with the established plan of care.
This position is in the Hulitar Hospice Center working 36 hours a week, 7:00a - 7:30p.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provides personal care
- Observes, reports, and documents patient status and the care provided
- Provides support to patient/ family/ caregiver through on-going communication.
- Follows basic infection control procedures
- Reports basic elements of body functioning, recognizes and reports changes in patient's status to RN Case Manager
- Recognizes emergencies and has the knowledge of emergency procedures and their application
- Maintains patient/family confidentiality
Education / Experience:
- Certified Nurse Aide certification
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of experience in home care and long-term care settings required.
- Competitive health benefits
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company provided life insurance
HopeHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.