Tuesday - Saturday
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a Hospice Aide to join our team of professionals. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care.
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus
The Hospice Aide works under direct supervision of a registered nurse, and as a member of the interdisciplinary team, provide personal care for the patient and assist with activities of daily living.
Certified by the state(s) as a nurse’s aide, having completed a course and certified by the state.
* CA: The Hospice Aide will be certified by the state as a Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA).
* MD: The Hospice Aide will also have passed a geriatric aide test. And be certified as a Certified Geriatric Nurse’s Aide (CGNA).
* NJ: The Hospice Aide must be certified by the state as a Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA).
* GA: Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required only for:
- All direct patient care in state of Georgia.
* GA: Either CGNA certified; or will have completed and can provide validation or documentation of having completed a home health aide training and competency evaluation program conducted in a Medicare-certified home health agency; or will have successfully completed a personal care aide training program that is provided by the hospice under the direction of a RN.
Listed on the state aide registry with a clear record able to deliver care to patients in their own homes, nursing facilities, or hospitals.
Successfully complete the agency Home Health Aide Competency Exam with an 85% or better.
• CT: Minimum of six months experience in a supervised setting (preferably a healthcare setting).
Must have and maintain reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimums state required liability auto insurance.
A compassionate attitude toward the care of the sick; the ability to read, write and carry out directions, maturity; and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
Meet the regulations and requirements of the State in which the program provides services.