St. Lukes University Health Network, the regions largest, most established health system and a Truven Top 100 Hospital is seeking an experienced and collaborative Hospice Medical Director to oversee St. Lukes Hospice, and serve as Medical Director for the agencys Home Health program.
The Hospice Medical Director will oversee a growing and dynamic home hospice program in addition to oversight of our free-standing 14-bed in-patient hospice facility on Black River Road in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. (The St. Lukes Brian D. Perin Hospice House). This position requires clinical and administrative responsibilities.
This position will play a key role in advancing the mission, operations, and services of the Visiting Nurse Association of St. Lukes Home Health/ Hospice, Inc. (DBA- St. Lukes Hospice) / (DBA- St. Lukes Home Health). Our multi-disciplinary team consists of 3 Board-Certified Hospice & Palliative Care physicians, 1 Nurse Practitioner, Social Workers, Registered Nurses, Chaplains, Hospice Aides, Volunteers and 2 ACGME Fellows per year.
- We are expanding the home-based Hospice program and are active within the VNA Home Health program in coordinating novel and highly successful palliative based programs for advanced Heart Failure and COPD
- St. Lukes Hospice is involved in teaching at many levels throughout the network and within the community
- 14 inpatient bed free-standing hospice facility
St. Lukes Hospice is passionate and dedicated to the growth of hospice services in the communities we serve. Our hospice works in tandem with the St. Lukes University Health Networks Palliative Care Department and to demonstrate exemplary and compassionate clinical skills and embrace a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach to end-of-life care.
Candidates must be Board-Certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine and be able to demonstrate clinical, administrative and educational leadership. Candidates should have an aptitude for mentoring and staff development. In addition, candidates must have:
- A minimum of five years of clinical experience in Hospice/Palliative Care
- Two years in a leadership role
- PA State medical license (at the time of employment)
In joining St. Lukes University Health Network, you will enjoy:
- The opportunity to lead a progressive, well-trained team of Hospice professionals and physicians
- Work in an academic environment with faculty appointment to Temple University School of Medicine
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Exceptional compensation package with relocation assistance
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health insurance, CME allowance, and retirement benefits