POSITION SUMMARY: This position aids and assists the Administrator in the planning, coordination, and oversight of the day to day clinical operations of the Blue Skies of Texas Home Health Agency and the Blue Skies of Texas Hospice program. The Patient Care Manager coordinates and supervises an interdisciplinary team of staff to assure the continuity of high-quality care to hospice patients assigned to the team's area in accordance with physician prescribed plan of care, and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Will actively lead and participate in the program's performance improvement endeavors.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED: This position requires an individual who is skilled in leadership of a Hospice program along with a Home Health program, both private pay and Medicare/Medicaid. Must possess excellent leadership qualities, be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work independently. Must be detail oriented and provide excellent customer service to residents, employees, families, outside agencies and all other entities one comes in contact with during normal business duties. Must be able to identify required policies and procedures, develop and implement as well as teach to all clinical staff and ensure
compliance. Must be able to speak, read and write in English and understand instructions given in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Required: Registered Nurse with at least one year of management or supervisory experience in a health-related setting. Experience with budgetary responsibilities. Knowledge of Medicare highly desirable. Preferred: RN, BSN with 3 to 5 years Hospice and Home Health leadership experience, staff development and mentoring plus prior experience in program development and expansion.
TRAINING: Required: Continued education according to regulations and Texas Board of Nursing.
EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be knowledgeable of various medical equipment and supplies and be able to teach operations to other staff within the department.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS: Required: Registered nurse in the state of Texas. Preferred: Certification in hospice or home health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties occupying a major portion of job time/importance)
- Assists with the referral and admission process of intake, assignment, collecting insurance information in an effective and efficient manner; fill in for Admissions as needed
- Manage all direct patient care by assigning staff to patients, scheduling staff for maximum budgetary optimization including PTO and on-call, resolve patient care issues, visit patients as needed, coordinate interdisciplinary group.
- Audit patient records and responds appropriately to compliance issues and write compliance/QA reports.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Manage clinical staff through effective hiring, performance evaluation, coaching, staffing, scheduling and delegation.
- Assist Executive Director and/or Administrator as needed.
- Educate, counsel and orient staff to Agency policy/procedures.
- Ensures standards of ethical business and clinical practice are maintained.
- Ensures the structure and systems promote interdisciplinary care.
- Assurance of adequate and appropriate staffing.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SUBORDINATES: Registered Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants.
INTERNAL CONTROL: Within the scope of position duties, responsible for seeing that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are complied with. This position will handle confidential information and must treat such with appropriate sensitivity.
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Work is generally performed indoors in a climate-controlled office setting. Occasional lifting and transfers of loads up to 50 pounds required. Bending, squatting, and reaching are necessary as well as maneuvering in and between buildings and office of the BST facilities/grounds. Traveling between the facilities and in the greater San Antonio area is an essential part of this job. Few environmental hazards exist, although the threat of communicable disease exists. Mild cleaning products, waxes, and soaps are used in the immediate area. Mild pesticides are used periodically to control bug infestation.
WORK SCHEDULE: Core work hours are 7:30 am. thru 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Special projects or assignments may require other hours.
WORK LOCATION: Most work will take place at Freedom House, however travel between locations is an essential part of the job.
ATTIRE/DRESS CODE: A professional image is expected and the company dress code policy must be adhered to.
RANGE OF PAY: Dependent upon qualifications and experience with the intent to be competitive within the market.