- Career growth and advancement potential
- Opportunity to work for a faith based organization
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- PRN, Days
- Develop Plan of Care for psychosocial needs
- Assist with financial needs
- Provide counseling to patient and family
- Understand End of Life issues
- Work independently and maintain case load expectations
- Graduate of a Master’s program in Social Work
- One year experience in health care setting
- BLS required
- Must maintain Florida active driver’s license and auto insurance
The Hospice Medical Social Worker delivers various social work services to terminally ill patients and families. The purpose of social work intervention is to provide initial psychosocial evaluation, ongoing psychosocial support, direct casework services, and referral to community resources to assist with end of life care needs, as well as to engage in community education and outreach. Through collaboration with the hospice interdisciplinary team, the Hospice Medical Social Worker implements, evaluates, and changes as needed individualized plans of care. He/she assists in identifying and implementing measures and interventions to assist patients and families in reaching desired outcomes. The Medical Social Worker assists with Medicaid applications, Nursing Home and ALF placements, hospice inpatient unit placements and financial needs. The Hospice Medical Social Worker reports to the Assistant Director of Clinical Services.