About Children’s Minnesota
Children’s Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health system in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children’s serves kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics and six rehabilitation sites. Additionally, Children’s is Minnesota's only Level I pediatric trauma center inside a hospital dedicated solely to children. In 2018 Children’s Minnesota was verified as a Level I Children’s Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons. Children’s maintains its longstanding commitment to the community to improve children’s health by providing high-quality, family-centered pediatric services and advancing those efforts through research and education. This work is made possible in large part by generous philanthropic and volunteer support from individuals and organizations throughout the state and region. An award-winning health system, Children’s received Magnet® recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018 and is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital. Please visit childrensMN.org.
The hospital case management assistant provides general clerical support to the hospital case managers, including referral support, data entry, and payer communications. The care management assistant supports timely faxing of clinical reviews, obtaining payer authorizations, and assisting the case manager with denials / appeals management.
THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED AT OUR MINNEAPOLIS CAMPUS.
* Associate's degree required. Bachelor's preferred.
* 2-4 years healthcare related office experience, preferably in an acute care setting (minimum 2 years experience).
* Experience working with payer authorization preferred.
* Ability to think independently. Good critical thinking skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of navigating and documenting within an EMR.
* Knowledge of customer service philosophies and practices.
* Proficient in the operation of scanners, copiers, fax machines.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and customer focus.
* Self directed as well as demonstrated ability to work within a team.
* Ability to handle stress.
* Ability to manage a heavy case load in an organized and efficient manner.
* Ability to maintain a working relationship with other departments within the organization.
* Ability to document account information at time of account follow-up.
* Ability to run case management related reports as needed.
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's requires proof of immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases prior to employment, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.