The Henry Ford Medical Group (HFMG), one of the largest multispecialty group practices in the country, continues to seek highly qualified applicants to serve as Senior Staff Hospitalists dedicated to the care of inpatients. With nearly 30 years of experience in Hospital Medicine, HFMG established a separate Division of Hospital Medicine in 2008, and is the largest clinical division in the Department of Medicine. Nearly 50 clinical faculty currently serve at three different hospitals providing acute care internal medicine and other services in a variety of domains:
- Medical Consultation/Perioperative Care
- Advanced Heart Failure/Structural Heart Disease
- Inpatient General Medicine
- Perioperative Care/Co-Management
- General Inpatient Cardiology/Telemetry
- Clinical Education
- Quality Improvement/Research
The Division of Hospital Medicine fosters an environment to meet the clinician’s career needs while providing excellent patient care. Key characteristics of our practice include:
• Engaged hospitalists who support team members and improve the practice centered on a unified mission/vision
• Experienced clinicians (average years in practice greater than 7 years) in hospital medicine
• Diverse and challenging clinical complexity across hospitals
• Flexible day/night shifts, variable block schedule, 24/7 on site care without call, reasonable caseloads/ratios
• Well organized team structure with experienced (10+ years practice) and supportive practice leads at each site
• Fully integrated EMR (Epic Systems) in all Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) hospitals and clinics
• Opportunity for career development and mentorship in a variety of areas
• Continued long term growth to meet the needs of HFHS
We have continued need of faculty at all campuses as we plan for ongoing divisional expansion in 2019-2020
• Henry Ford Hospital is an 802 bed urban academic tertiary care hospital. A staff of 17 hospitalists provide 24/7 care in advanced cardiology, observation, perioperative care/consultation, and a clinical resident service.
• Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital is a 191 bed community hospital with a staff of 22 hospitalists providing 24/7 care in general medicine, perioperative care/consultation, stroke care, progressive care and observation.
• Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital is a 348 bed community hospital with a staff of 8 hospitalists providing 24/7 care in general medicine, perioperative care/consultation, ICU/progressive care, and observation.
The mission of the Division is based on the Triple Aim of high quality patient outcomes, exceptional patient experience, at low cost driven by highly engaged physicians. We are seeking self-motivated physicians dedicated to a career of high value inpatient care while creating an outstanding patient/family experience. Strong clinical and communication skills are essential. Hospitalist candidates must have a willingness to work in a collaborative environment with other healthcare providers and staff of other specialties. In addition, candidates should have an interest in quality improvement activities vital to advancing our care priorities. Although previous experience as a hospitalist or chief resident is desirable, new residency graduates are welcome.