Children’s Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health system in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children’s serves kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics and six rehabilitation sites. Additionally, Children’s is Minnesota's only Level I pediatric trauma center inside a hospital dedicated solely to children. In 2018 Children’s Minnesota was verified as a Level I Children’s Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons. Children’s maintains its longstanding commitment to the community to improve children’s health by providing high-quality, family-centered pediatric services and advancing those efforts through research and education. This work is made possible in large part by generous philanthropic and volunteer support from individuals and organizations throughout the state and region. An award-winning health system, Children’s received Magnet® recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018 and is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital. Please visit childrensMN.org.
This position is responsible for answering telephone calls; providing personalized seamless service to physician callers; responding to inquiries with expert knowledge of physicians, services, and programs; working with internal departments of affiliated entities to draft best practices for routing and responding to physician callers; and prioritizing complex and emergent situations. Incumbent may need to access 3-4 software systems within one call. Incumbent will also participate in staff training and act as a resource for co-workers when necessary.
* Three to four years of telephone-based customer service experience, and experience working with physicians in a fast-paced healthcare environment.
* Strong basic computer and keyboarding skills.
* Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
* Demonstrates a pleasant telephone voice and helpful manner.
* Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision while understanding role as part of a team.
* Must have strong interpersonal communication skills, including excellent problem solving and follow up skills.
* Proven strong analytical skills with ability to identify problems and initiate solutions.
* Demonstrates a forward-thinking approach, continually looking for ways to improve processes, tools and resources to best serve the healthcare providers accessing the service, and the primary/secondary clients.
* Knowledge of software, including Infinity, E-Centaurus, Cerner, AMION, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
* Prefer fluid knowledge of common medical and hospital terminology.
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's requires proof of immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases prior to employment, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.