At Children’s Minnesota, we don’t simply care for kids. We care for the most amazing people on earth.For more than 90 years, we have proudly served our community as an independent and not-for-profit system dedicated to providing health care exclusively to children, from before birth to young adulthood. With two hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics, and six rehabilitation sites, and representing more than 60 pediatric specialties, Children’s Minnesota has the largest and broadest team of pediatric experts in the region.An award-winning health system, Children’s received Magnet® recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018 and is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital.
We’re looking forindividuals who are driven to join us in our mission to champion the special health needs of children and their families. Who want to be part of something bigger. Who want to grow, innovate and improve. Who want to make Children’s Minnesota an even better place tomorrow.
This position is responsible for answering telephone calls; providing personalized seamless service to physician callers; responding to inquiries with expert knowledge of physicians, services, and programs; working with internal departments of affiliated entities to draft best practices for routing and responding to physician callers; and prioritizing complex and emergent situations. Incumbent may need to access 3-4 software systems within one call. Incumbent will also participate in staff training and act as a resource for co-workers when necessary.
Eligible candidates will be willing and able to work evenings and every other weekend
* Three to four years of telephone-based customer service experience, and experience working with physicians in a fast-paced healthcare environment.
* Strong basic computer and keyboarding skills.
* Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
* Demonstrates a pleasant telephone voice and helpful manner.
* Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision while understanding role as part of a team.
* Must have strong interpersonal communication skills, including excellent problem solving and follow up skills.
* Proven strong analytical skills with ability to identify problems and initiate solutions.
* Demonstrates a forward-thinking approach, continually looking for ways to improve processes, tools and resources to best serve the healthcare providers accessing the service, and the primary/secondary clients.
* Knowledge of software, including Infinity, E-Centaurus, Cerner, AMION, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
* Prefer fluid knowledge of common medical and hospital terminology.
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.