Hospitalist - Clinical - M59991
The VCU Department of Internal Medicine is seeking a Clinical Hospitalist who will:
- Directly admit and care for patients on the general medicine inpatient service working with and without house staff and students
- Improve quality and efficiency of inpatient care at VCUHS
- Provide high-quality general medicine consults
- Provide co-management services with other non-medicine specialties
- Develop General Medicine faculty with interests in Hospital Medicine, clinical research, and training
- Mentor residents in evidence-based inpatient medical care
- Establish a venue for inpatient clinical research
- Work within the hospital system and with other departments to further the efficient throughput of admitted Internal Medicine Patients
- Board certification or eligibility in Internal Medicine , direct experience managing complex inpatients, competency in standard inpatient procedures (including obtaining and interpretation of an arterial blood gas, central line placement, lumbar puncture, thoracentesis, paracentesis and arthrocentesis), a solid understanding of the hospitalist role and function, and an interest in teaching and growth in an academic setting. Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veterans status, political affiliation or disability.