Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Kona Community Hospital is a 94-bed full-service community hospital with 24- hour emergency services that has served the community of West Hawaii for nearly 100 years. Adding more and more services over the years has enabled KCH to provide quality care to residents and visitors whenever they are in need. As one of the largest employers in West Hawaii, KCH staff includes over 400 highly skilled employees and 100 medical staff practitioners, many of whom have been with KCH for more than 20 years.
- Established 8 physician team with a clinical performance nurse
- ICU and procedural experience required
- Open ICU
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians Path to Partnership track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Live and work in paradise! Enjoy some of the most pristine beaches and beautiful landscapes in the world and this magnificent island. Kona and the Big Island have something for everyone; an abundance of recreational activities and natural beauty are at your doorstep. The heart of Kona is a bustling gathering place just 15 minutes south of Kona International Airport. Home to shops, restaurants, and nightlife, it offers a variety of opportunities and activities for people from all walks of life. Numerous historical and cultural sites and museums throughout West Hawaii provide a perspective on developments that are the legacy of present-day Hawaii. These range from Hawaiian archeological sites such as Mookini Heiau in Kohala to the graceful Hilihee Palace and Mokuaikaua Church in Kailua-Kona to Waimeas Parker Ranch and the modernistic Ellison Onizuka Space Museum at the Kona International Airport. The vibrant cultural and historical background and diverse environment of the beautiful Kona coast make this location an area that visitors love to travel to and residents love to call home.
Awards and Accolades
- Voted Best Hospital in West Hawaii in the 2010 West Hawaii Today poll
- Awarded the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce Pualu Business Innovation Award
- The American Heart Associations Silver Performance Award in Heart Failure
- 3rd Place in HMSAs HQSR Heart Program
- The first hospital in the Hawaiian Islands to begin the Level III Trauma Center designation process