Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
Union Hospital, along with Union Hospital Clinton and the systems network of primary care physicians provide comprehensive care to residents of west-central Indiana and central Illinois. Union is a teaching hospital providing education and training to family medicine physicians, medical students, nursing students, pharmacy residents, and other allied health professionals.
In 2018, Union Hospital received the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Union Hospital is one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive this prestigious award
- 372-bed, non-profit, teaching hospital
- Established team with 14 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Strong subspecialist support across the board
- No call environment
- Codes and rapid responses managed by in-house residents
- Open, 36-bed ICU (patients co-managed by the pulmonary team); no procedures required
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians Path to Partnership track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Just off the I-70 at the gateway to Illinois, Terre Haute is a refreshing hub of arts and activity in the midst of the heartland. Terre Haute is located alongside the eastern bank of the Wabash River in western Indiana and lies about 75 miles west of Indianapolis. With numerous higher education institutions located in Terre Haute, including Indiana State University, the city has embraced its college town persona. Terre Haute was named the 'Community of the Year' in 2010 by the Indiana Chamber and in addition to significant, recent advancements in manufacturing, downtown revitalization, and higher education, Terre Haute continues to be a major regional center for health care, retail shopping, recreation, entertainment, and the arts.