Job Summary: DispatchHealth has set out to create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world. This is an opportunity to be part of an innovative team that is implementing a novel program to deliver care to patient’s homes as an alternative to hospitalization. Reporting to the Lead APP for AdvancedCare, the AdvancedCare APP will be responsible for working collaboratively with a team of Physicians, APPs, DispatchHealth Sherpa (Nurse Navigator), RNs, and other ancillary services to provide exceptional care to patients, who meet hospital admission criteria, in their home. The goal of this healthcare model is to provide safe, high quality care, at a reduced cost, where the patient is most comfortable.
- Create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world
- Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
- World-class customer service and quality
- Work hard while having fun
- Drive innovation
- Work collaboratively
- Always do what is right for our patients
- Focus on the continuum of care
- Give back to our community
- Create a diverse and inclusive work environment
Practicing “The Dispatch Way”:
- Courageous advocates for patients and each other.
- Clinical innovation with quality and safety top of mind.
- Providing exceptional care by meeting people where they are.
- Will provide direct, hospital-level and post-acute level internal medicine care to patients in their homes. This will include performing clinical assessments, developing and ordering hospital-level and post-acute level internal medicine clinical work-ups, ordering, and documentation.
- Implementation of multidisciplinary plan of care for patients in AdvancedCare Services for all patients while working clinically
- Will provide overnight call coverage as assigned and in collaboration with the AdvancedCare clinical team
- Collaboration with Physicians, APPs, RNs, DispatchHealth Sherpa, and other services to provide exceptional care and experience for the patient in their home.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certification/Licensure in good standing in the State of Colorado as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant
- APP fellowship (preferred) or advanced training in hospital medicine or inpatient medicine
- Credentialed through DispatchHealth (on hire)
- History and track-record of success in leadership roles
- Pass pre-employment background check
- CPR and ACLS Certified
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Strong communication skills. Cannot work in a silo – much of his or her effectiveness depends on teamwork with others. Their areas of practice are highly multidisciplinary and require reliable, open, responsive communication in order to meet patient needs. Strong interpersonal and EQ a must.
- Cultural openness. Will be open to learning from patients, about values, beliefs, and how they see the world – all which may be very different from the hirees personal culture and beliefs. Willing to listen in developing a plan that is medically sound and culturally acceptable.
- Respect for others. Requires the person in this role to be especially diligent in this area and to show patience and understanding while setting reasonable boundaries and expectations.
- Commitment to patient confidentiality.
- Clinical Excellence. Must exhibit strong clinical assessment skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize requiring organizational and coordination skills. Exceptional critical thinking skills is a must as the person in this role plans, implements and evaluates patient’s plan of care and their progression towards goals.
- Trusted Advisor. In this role, he or she must be patient-centric, customer focused and team-oriented. A large part of the role is engaging the patient to take an active role in their health. Engaging, educating and developing a report to ensure effective delivery and compliance with the plan of care.
If the following value statements resonant with you, we may be the team you’ve been looking for!
- Build trust as the foundation of providing the highest level of care.
- Create personal relationships that are based on building human connections.
- Bring clarity and confidence to every step of the care process through clear and transparent communication.
- Welcome the patient and their people into the care team to promote involvement, understanding and safety.
- Career growth and investment
- Be part of something new, exciting and progressive
- Competitive health & wellness benefits
- Conference and workshop opportunities
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.