The Hospitality Assistant Position requires participation in our Earn and Learn Program. Anyone hired into this position agrees to go through our Nurse Aide program to become a Certified Nurse Aide. This is a Riverside paid program!
Key Points about the Earn and Learn program:
- The Nurse Aide program is a 6 week long program. Monday – Friday hours can vary from 7:00/8:00A.M. – 2:00/2:30 P.M.
- Riverside will pay for the Nurse Aide program, and you will be paid your Hospitality Assistant rate while in your Nurse Aide classes. So you will be paid to go to school as well as be able to pick up additional hours as a Hospitality Assistant.
- Upon successful completion of the Nurse Aide program and passing of the Nurse Aide Certification exam, Riverside will place you in one of our Life Long Health facilities as a Certified Nurse Aide
- You will be given 2 chances to pass your Nurse Aide certification exam
- We will have Full-time C.N.A options available with a 12 month work commitment and Part-time C.N.A options available with an 18 month work commitment
- Additional details are outlined on the Earn and Learn Program agreement that will be formally present at the time of offer
Until you become a Certified Nurse Aide you will work as a Hospitality Assistant, below is the job description.
The Hospitality Assistant will report to the Charge Nurse and work in conjunction with certified nursing assistants to ensure that residents needing only encouragement minimal assistance or non-medical supervision are assisted with eating and drinking as needed. There are also other basic tasks that may be assigned which will include but are not limited to: preparing dining room for meals, assisting with clothing protectors, reminding or assisting residents to their seats, passing meal trays and assisting in preparing food and drinks for eating, assisting with feeding as qualifications allow, documenting meal consumption, answering call lights and responding to wander guard alarms, cleaning utility rooms, storage areas, and resident rooms/closets/drawers, emptying soiled linen, conducting leisure activities with residents. Covered tasks will be performed only under the supervision of an RN or LPN licensed by the Board of Nursing who is available to provide assistance if necessary.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent Preferred
Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 30 days of hire. Standard First Aid required within 30 day of hire for Assisted Living/Memory Support units only.
Successful completion of a minimum of 8 hours of a state-approved training course provided by Riverside.