Huntington Hotel Group is excited to announce it is accepting applications for Hospitality/Breakfast/Social Attendants at the Sunnyvale Homewood Suites by Hilton. Scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2021, this brand new hotel is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, close to all the tech giants such as Apple, Facebook, and more. Our extended stay hotel boosts 127 suites, pool, fitness center, outdoor BBQs and patio. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience.
Job Title: Hospitality Attendant
Greet guest within forty-five (45) seconds; ensure that a guest is given attentive service and is satisfied.
- Provide personalized service to all guests.
- Regularly greet, communicate and converse with all guests in the gatehouse/lodge.
- Set up and maintain the breakfast or social hour bar in an attractive looking, organized, clean and standardized presentation.
- Continuously check food to ascertain that appearance, temperature, and portions are correct.
- Know what products are served.
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, contents, and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
- Clear and clean tables as they are vacated.
- Wipe up spills.
- Remove trash.
- Break down breakfast/social hour area. Return reusable food supplies to storage.
- Clean and sanitize counters, floors, storage areas, utensils, equipment and common areas as specified.
- Listen and respond to guest requests or concerns.
- Language skills: Have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e., Lockout Tagout, JSA’s), safety awareness information (MSDS), operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to keep logs and to speak effectively to customers and associates.
- The hotel functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an associate from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, it is understood that business and weather determines the amount of hours that are worked and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 40 hours and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Sanitation procedures
- Food and Beverage Experience is preferred
- Guest service skills
- Ability to handle comments and suggestions
- Problem solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.