This position has the opportunity to be based remotely - prefer West Coast with travel of up to 50%.The Opportunity
Hotels in National Parks, Casinos, Restaurants in stadiums and airports - how cool would it be to say: I helped build that?
Coordinate construction and remodeling of subsidiary facilities. Interview and select architects, contractors, select equipment, and assist in training and guidance of department personnel. Communicate project status to management. Directly responsible for the supervision and management of owner three party construction representatives. Manage DN larger capital projects (over $15M). Detail reporting on project issues, budget, schedules to DN Sr. Executive Staff. Establish and maintain strong working relationship with DN outside clients. This position is based out of the Southeast region.
- Coordinate initial planning a major capital project to include environmental survery, permitting process with local agency, PUD submission, traffic study, town hearings, geotechincal work, etc.
- Coordinate construction at facilities, including arrival of equipment, personnel needed; monitor progress, issue progress payments: make inspections as necessary to insure conformity to plans and specifications. Advise contractors and company personnel of inspection results; discuss and resolve problems regarding deviations from plans.
- Maintain schedule and budget of job, by initiating and attending meetings with contractors, engineers, architects, and clients. Identify and promptly notify management of issues impacting project schedule and/or budget. Manage and conduct "value engineering" at required milestones in order to maintain project budget.
- Oversee drawing of architectural floor plans and material selections to be used by engineers or contractors for design and construction of facilities. Review and approve drawings prepared by company personnel or outside engineers and architects. Notify management of cost implications imposed by design changes throughout the design stage.
- Acquire and review construction/remodeling bids from contractors. Award contracts on the basis of contract qualifications, quality, cost efficiency, proposed expediency of completion and other requirements as specified by management. Negotiate and execute contracts to meet legal guidelines.
- Meet with senior management and department heads to obtain facility specifications and cost guidelines, to discuss management concepts for facility design and discuss specification pertinent to the overall design of the facility. Attend pre-bid conferences at facilities to obtain information necessary to prepare estimates and to tour the facility to evaluate present condition of the facility or equipment; document existing conditions.
- Select and coordinate purchase of equipment necessary for proper operation of facilities. Research type of equipment needed as indicated by management, evaluate use of equipment, research equipment costs, and negotiate costs. Assure proper delivery of equipment to units. Make suggestions to management for new equipment and new ideas to produce more efficient cost effective operative units.
- Oversee 3rd Party Owner Representatives to ensure design intent, budgets and schedules are managed. Report project status and issues up to Sr. Management.
- Prepare and record approval requests, commitments, contracts and payment requests in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines. Maintain all records and files pertinent to design and construction of facilities, in order to provide future reference.
- Travel required, minimum 60%
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
- More than 10 years experience in the commercial construction industry with at least three years experience as an Owners Representative or a lead project manager for a construction manager or general contractor for projects exceeding $15M.
- Construction project management experience in ground up construction (green or brown field) and renovations to existing facilities.
- Knowledge and experience of purchasing, budgeting, negotiating, and awarding contracts required.
- Strong computer skills including MS Excel, e-mail, MS Project, SharePoint, etc. required.
- Above average communication skills, both oral and written, is required.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Not sure about applying and would like to know more first? The recruiter hosts office hours from 2 – 3 PM ET every Wednesday for virtual chats (mobile friendly platform). http://bit.ly/29T7YHz Click to register for chat.