Responsible for providing a warm and inviting environment for all upon guests’ arrival and departure, and during all interactions throughout the guests’ visits. Work alongside service and support staff to provide a great dining experience to restaurant guests, while maintaining a professional attitude and work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Must maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work.
- Responsible for taking reservations, greeting and seating guests, and thanking guests as they depart.
- Maintain presence at host stand except for when completing relevant job duties requiring leaving the host area.
- Maintain cleanliness of host stand and front entry way along with upkeep of menus, wine lists, reserved signs and host stand.
- Serve as first and last impression of restaurant to our guests.
- Assign all necessary tables pre-shift and provide servers with appropriate chits.
- Ensure host stand and front foyer and patio area surrounding front door are clean and free of debris.
- Open front door for guests and provide warm welcome to guests entering the restaurant.
- Find guests’ reservations, and manage walk-in business to efficiently seat guests.
- Walk guests back to table, engaging in conversation while walking at a comfortable pace.
- Pull out chairs, seat guests, provide menus once seated.
- Inform guests of server name and thank them for coming.
- Return unused wine lists and menus back to host stand.
- Assist in keeping the host stand up to date on tables’ status.
- Open the door upon guest departure and thank them for coming/invite them to return.
- Answer phones throughout shift, taking reservations and directing calls to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Additional opening and closing side work related job duties: cleaning, stocking, setting up host stand for next shift.
- Servsafe or similar Food Handler’s Certificate may be required depending upon store location.
- Basic computer literacy required.
- Experience with Open Table Reservation System preferred but not required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Previous host experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to speak clearly and distinctively over the phone and in person.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Must complete host training with 90% or higher on all tests.
- Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to legitimately and objectively challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations.
- Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listen to others, ask questions to verify understanding, and use tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
- Teamwork: Look for ways to assist managers and other staff members to ensure guests are provided the best service according to Perry’s Restaurants standards.
- Must be able to stand for extended durations (4-8 hour shifts).
- Must be able to occasionally lift/carry up to 20 pounds without issue.