Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Provide the guests, either on the phone or in person, with information and support in a professional and gracious manner. Receive and coordinate reservations and seating for daily and/or nightly service, all the while providing outstanding service to our guests along the way. Act as an advocate for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
* Greet all restaurant guests, be knowledgeable about the area and provide information when asked.
* Provide fair and consistent seating of guests.
* Accurately handle paperwork, stock and tidy the host stand.
* Receive incoming calls, accurately book reservations for guests.
* Check floor and tables for accuracy and cleanliness, assist in bussing tables.
* Help servers by refilling beverages when needed.
* Perform other restaurant and customer service related requests for guests.
* We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job description at times, as we all do.
What You Bring
* Previous customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
* Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
* Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu and allergy information to guests.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn the restaurant point-of-sale system and reservation system.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills, a real passion for hospitality, and you love crafting unique and memorable experiences for guests.
* Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
* Flexible schedule and are able to work weekends, nights, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.