The Host is the initial contact with the guests. Therefore, it is essential to start guests off with a positive experience at the front door. A Host is anyone who greets, seats and pages guests. In addition, you will be assuming the role of tour guide, communicator, entertainer, memorabilia curator and musician (at heart).
- Opening doors, where applicable
- Welcoming and thanking guests
- Answering questions - accurately and politely
- Maintaining a clean and organized waiting area
- Answering the phone
- Directing guests to areas & restrooms
- Providing security for co-workers, guests and celebrities
- Assisting servers, bussers and managers
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – cleaning glass, polishing brass, sweeping & vacuuming the floor, wiping menus, restroom maintenance, etc.
- Assuring the complete satisfaction of each and every guest
- Creating memorable experiences
- Entertaining guests to create “Raving fans”
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or GED
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency.
- Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests and co-workers.
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Maintaining a well-groomed appearance (“having a plan”).
- Following all uniform guidelines
- Practicing all general safety & sanitation standards
- Recycling products, where possible
- Maintaining HRC’s 5 core Values and Mission Statement
- This Cafe may cross-train the restaurant Hosts and the Retail Sales Associates. Please see the Retail job description
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).