The purpose of this job is to greet and serve our guests enthusiastically. Remember that the host is the guest’s first and last impression.
You are very important to us- your job is important to our success. Our success reflects what we all individually have done to make it work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure all guests receive 100% customer service.
- Be nice, warm, friendly, caring and helpful.
- Address every guest as they arrive and depart including opening the door.
- Handle all phone calls that come into the restaurant with a friendly voice.
- To direct calls to the proper department and check back in 30 seconds to assure reception.
- Inform wait help of special occasions, turns needed on each table, and set-up.
- Take messages for managers and employees.
- Take control of lost and found, information, and returns.
- Emergency information.
- Performs function of Wait Paging System whenever possible.
- Communicates with guest demonstrating confidence and encourages them to feel unique and special.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Maintains cleanliness of work stations during working hours and perform weekly maintenance.
- Always be on time for your scheduled shift.
- To keep balloons blown up at all times of operation
- To quote accurate waiting times for tables and notify guests of any discrepancies.
- Capable of answering phones and placing to-go orders.
Factors Important for Successful Performance in this Position:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is essential.
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the kitchen.
Experience and Educational Requirements
A high school diploma is desired, but not required. Experience with general kitchen techniques and equipment is required.
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested)
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.) to and from stock and kitchen locations. Is able to stand up to 8 hours or longer if needed. Additional requirements include:
- Standing and Walking 100% of the time.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs to shoulder level.
- Carrying up to 50 lbs for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat.
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm.
- Climbing ladder and step stool.
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.
- Effective communication skill to deal with public.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities in this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.