Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Host/Hostess is responsible for ensuring that all resort guests have the highest quality food and beverage dining experience possible while assisting in the creation of a profitable department that is environmentally responsible. This position follows the brand standards from the beginning of the service cycle through the entire dining process and is professional and gracious while enhancing the dining experience through outstanding service skills. The host/hostess is often the first impression a restaurant can make on its guests - welcoming guests to the restaurant and getting them seated.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing exceptional service to all guests while maintaining all brand standards.
- Assisting teammates/co-workers in general tasks to ensure that each guest has the best possible experience
- Seating guests, monitoring the flow of the dining room, offering support to servers, and acknowledging departing guests with a kind remark
- Keeping the host/hostess stand and reception area clean and organized
- Assist the team in creating a profitable department that is environmentally responsible.
- Taking accurate room service and to go orders meeting all service brand standards
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills in English
- Professional appearance
- Able to stand for long periods of time up to 4 hours
- Flexible schedule including willingness to work weekends and holidays
- Previous guest service experience - preferred
- Previous host/hostess or restaurant POS experience – preferred
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We are the wild ones. Free, untamed, unstructured and unlike the others. We are confident in who we are and what we seek. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and live boldly with our choices. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 175641