Under general supervision performs meal preparation and delivery of meal trays to include building positive customer satisfaction.
- Promotes customer service and building rapport with patient/nursing staff.
- Assembles patient trays.
- Assists patient with meal selections.
- Delivers trays and snacks to patients.
- Communicates patient needs to diet office.
- Remains aware of specialized diets.
- Chops, slices, peels food items for special order foods.
- Assures patient trays are accurate and assembled to meet temperature and appearance standards.
- Maintains host carts with properly labeling/dating/rotating patient food items.
- Assures all foods are correctly label/dated/rotated when handled and put away.
- Transports carts to and from different units.
- Transports food to other areas as needed.
- Operates, cleans, sanitizes dishes and necessary equipment.
- Sweeps/mops areas of the department.
- Stocks and cleans nourishment rooms/refrigerators as assigned.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Required: 1 year food and/or customer service experience.
Required: Food Handler certification based on city or state requirements.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.