Responsible for managing all aspects of a specific department(s) within the restaurant including the selection, development and performance management of restaurant Team Members, optimizing profits and increasing sales
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage all areas of operations for a specific department including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the Company’s standards of quality, service and operations are maintained.
- Manage operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Frequently interact with Guests and follow up on any issues or complaints they may have
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of Department staffing needs.
- Prepares schedules and ensures that their department is staffed for all shifts.
- Use the Great People Selection process to interview hourly Team Members, ensuring Team Members hired meet Company standards.
- Staff, train and develop their department’s hourly Team Members through ongoing feedback, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Identify operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities (i.e., R&M, marketing).
- Perform liquor, wine, and beer check in to ensure proper invoicing.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect Team Members, Guests and Company assets, including security of beer walk-in, liquor room, store room, freezer and office.
- Prepare end of shift reports.
- Directly supervise Team Members.
- When acting as Manager on duty, oversee all of the restaurant’s operations
- Ensure great food is served to every Guest.
- Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Fosters open communication with kitchen and FOH staff
- Employee relations issues
- Customer service issues
- Guest relations issues
- Vendor related issues
- Team member hiring
- Team member terminations
- Sales and service objective strategies
- Recruiting strategies
Measures of Success
- Guest experience scores
- Annual sales dollars achieved compared to budget
- Meeting or exceeding requirements for Ecosure Audit scores for the year
- Grow sales meet or exceed annual sales budget
- Team member turnover
- Meeting Labor Budget
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in a full service restaurant.
- Must be capable of performing all functions and meeting qualification standards for all hourly positions.
ASSESSING AND SELECTING TALENT: Effectively identifies and evaluates the talent within the restaurant in order to select individuals that exhibit pride, passion and personality and to build top performing teams
- Helps identify strong team member candidates and “sells” Friday’s in order to get the best talent on board.
- Utilizes selection tools and processes as guidelines to effectively assess and hire the right people for the team
- Supports selection decisions by identifying high potential within the team in order to maximize internal promotes
- Identifies great talent based on diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities as well as common passion for the business
- Understands where individual talent can be best utilized; matches the right people with the right job
- Knows who top performers are and takes the necessary steps to engage and retain them
- Ensures that new employees are equipped with the proper training and resources necessary to experience success
COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE: Spends time guiding, teaching and providing clear and directed feedback to your team to help them grow and succeed.
- Provides ongoing guidance and direction to help team members reach their full potential
- Gives honest feedback that is specific, timely and action-oriented
- Promptly recognizes and encourages effective performance
- Helps to develop and execute plans for each team member that maximize strengths and improve weak areas
- Ensures team members are given challenging assignments to help them learn new skills that can prepare them for the next level
- Takes a hands-on approach to developing others by providing clear examples of desired behaviors to ensure understanding
LEADS AND INSPIRES OTHERS: Sets the example for the team by living the TGI Friday’s credo and values; effectively influences and motivates them to reach goals
- Acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions
- Demonstrates genuineness, openness, and approachability and consistently treats all team members and guests with dignity and respect
- Effectively manages stress level during difficult situations
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and adjust leadership style to fit others’ needs
- Rallies and harnesses the energy of the restaurant by being present, upbeat and engaged
- Frequently and genuinely acknowledges and rewards strong performance
- Treats all employees in a fair and consistent manner
COMMUNICATION: Keeps everyone on the same page through frequent information sharing and open dialogue
- Encourages open, honest and timely communication among team members
- Fosters frequent dialogue between the FOH and BOH staff
- Demonstrates effective listening by being available to team members and responding to needs and concerns
- Communicates the “why” behind important goals and initiatives to gain buy-in
- Respects the opinions of others; listens to comments and concerns with an open mind
- Holds frequent meetings where information is shared freely by staff
- Takes advantage of opportunities to engage in one-on-one communication
MANAGING EXECUTION: Enforces performance standards and follows up relentlessly to ensure accountability for top quality results.
- Ensures 100% compliance with standard operating procedures
- Enforces high standards and always looks to raise the bar
- Follows up regularly to ensure proper execution and offers support and/or redirection
- Holds team members accountable to meet obligations
- Confronts sub-par performance directly and holds people accountable for making improvements
- Makes tough but necessary decisions in regards to discipline
- Sets clear expectations and goals and holds others accountable for achieving them
- Identifies and corrects mistakes immediately to provide hands on learning experiences
PASSION FOR THE GUEST: Ensures that every action and decision leads to an exceptional guest experience
- Maintains visibility within the restaurant; models exemplary hospitality by engaging regularly with the guests and interacting in a positive, sincere manner
- Encourages Team Members to focus efforts and attention on going above and beyond to exceed guest expectations and create repeat visits
- Effectively balances guest needs with TGI Friday’s business needs
- Utilizes guest feedback to improve the guest experience
- Shows awareness of guest needs and expectations; prevents problems before they occur
- Follows up to ensure that guest issues and complaints are addressed and resolved promptly
- Shows attention to food quality/appearance, ticket times, and the fine details that define the overall guest experience
DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Thinks problems through, acts with urgency and always keeps the best interests of the brand at heart when making decisions
- Able to digest information quickly, boil it down, and identify relevant issues
- Finds root causes in order to develop workable solutions to problems
- Draws important connections and considers both short and long-term implications of decisions
- Right or wrong – shows the willingness to make the call and accepts responsibility for decisions and results
- Evaluates various solutions to problems before taking action
- Acts quickly and decisively when needed based on the need and urgency of situation
FLEXIBLY ADAPTS AND MANAGES CHANGE: Keeps up with shifting business needs and embraces change in order to drive results and grow the brand
- Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges
- Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives
- Understands new initiatives and speaks knowledgeably of changes to both FOH and BOH staff
- Helps ensure that changes are fully integrated into operations and sustained over time
- Effectively manages daily priorities while keeping track of long-term initiatives
- Perseveres through resistance to change with positive influence and firm accountability
MANAGING FINANCIAL RESULTS: Demonstrates an understanding of the financial components of the restaurant operation and how to impact results.
- Helps analyze financial profit and loss results, guest satisfaction measures, and other key performance data
- Uses appropriate tools and resources to monitor location’s performance and understands factors that affect success and growth
- Supports the DO and GMs initiatives to grow business in their location
- Ensures consistent quality and execution of food and service in order to help drive the brand and increase sales
- Makes financial needs an important consideration in plans and decisions